On Friday, Oct. 19 through Sunday, Oct. 20, 2012, the Grand Strand will be overtaken with runners! The 13.1-mile Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon will be happening throughout the weekend, including a health and fitness expo, the Coastal 5K race, and the popular one-mile Doggie Dash and 80-meter High Heel Run to benefit the Grand Strand Humane Society.
Organizers say over 4000 runners, along with family and friends, will make their way to Myrtle Beach this fall for the race weekend. Wow, that’s a lot of visitors for us to make feel welcome!
To break it down:
The following events will take place at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes:
· Health and Fitness Expo – Oct. 19, 2-7 p.m. and Oct. 20, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
· Coastal 5k Race – Oct. 20, 7:30 a.m. start time
· One-mile Doggie Dash – Oct. 20, 8:30 a.m. start time
· 80-meter High Heel Run – Oct. 20, 8:45 a.m. start time
· Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon – Oct. 21, 7 a.m. start time at Coastal Grand Mall
After the race, come to the beach Party presented by Blue Moon to celebrate your accomplishment. There will be awards, munchies, beer and more.