by Leslie O’Neill
This week’s smoothie features includes one of my favorite spices that in my experience offers a tremendous medicinal value to our bodies. Turmeric comes from the root of the Curcuma longa plant and has long been used as a powerful anti-inflammatory agent in both the Chinese and Indian systems of medicine.
Turmeric root can be purchased whole in the produce section of some grocery stores or in the spice isle already ground. If you would like to learn more about turmeric and all the noted benefits click here.
• 1 large ripe banana
• 1 cup frozen or fresh pineapple
• 1/2 tbsp. fresh ginger (1 small knob, peeled and grated)
• 1/4 tsp ground turmeric ( 1/8 slice of fresh turmeric peeled and grated)
• 1/8 tsp of cinnamon
• 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (1/2 small lemon)
• 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened cashew milk
Blend all ingredients until smooth and enjoy! This recipe is 2 servings
To find out more about Leslie and how she can help you achieve your health and wellness goals you can contact her through her website at www.thebewellcoach.com.
“Eat like a Queen, lose weight and build your empire” …. Leslie